Before we start introducing new snacks, here’s a look at some of our favorites from last year!
1. Hint Water. For a DIY/totally BS juice cleanse. Read the post HERE.
2. Starbucks Joy Tea. For zero calories of holiday joy. Read our post HERE.
3. Skinny Cow Heavenly Crisps. Even Mariah Carey likes these! Read our post HERE.
4. Sugar-Free French Vanilla Coffeemate. Great in coffee or diet hot chocolate. Read our post HERE.
5. Extra Dessert Delights Apple Pie Gum. If pie isn’t an option, this is a chewy alternative! Read our post HERE.
6. Arctic Zero “ice cream”. Not ice cream, not really anything. Read our post HERE.
7. Garden Lite Soufflé. OMG. Yes. Read our post HERE.
8. Spicy Hot V8. Like a virgin Bloody Mary. Read our post HERE.
9. Bobbi’s Hummus and Bean Dip. Great as a dip or condiment. Read our post HERE.
10. Imagine Organic Creamy Broccoli Soup. 60 calories of warm amazingness. Read our post HERE.
I haven’t been to the gym in days. It may actually have been an entire week since I last stepped foot on a treadmill. I couldn’t have picked a worse time to boycott working out. I mean, it makes sense to head to the gym the day after you gobble up your body weight in stuffing. Usually, just thinking about this lack of calorie-burning combined with my gluttonous calorie consumption would drive me crazy, but that was before I discovered Hint water.
Hint, which comes in 10 flavors, is not sweet or syrupy like other sweetened waters (I’m talking to you, Propel). There’s no way to describe the taste of Hint because the name of the beverage says it so well: it is just a hint of flavor; just the essence of blackberry or watermelon, as if the water has been infused with a lightly flavored gas.
I’ve always wanted to try a juice cleanse, but the idea of giving up solid food for days at a time is terrifying. Hint is so pure tasting though, that I often pretend it’s part of a cleanse diet. I say things like, “oh I’m just going to drink my cleanse juice,” before I slurp down a bottle (I had 4 bottles of this between 7 and 11pm last night). Of course on a real cleanse you wouldn’t be using the juice to wash down a mouthful of lasagna like I do with Hint, but hint is so refreshing that one sip will make you forget about your carb overload.
Hint is like yoga. It’s like meditating. It’s like being a Buddhist. When I drink it I am calm and clean and ZEN. It would probably benefit me to put down the Hint and head to the gym, but I just pulled a bottle of tangerine-pomegranate Hint out of the fridge, and I’m feeling more fit already.