Before we start introducing new snacks, here’s a look at some of our favorites from last year!
1. Hint Water. For a DIY/totally BS juice cleanse. Read the post HERE.
2. Starbucks Joy Tea. For zero calories of holiday joy. Read our post HERE.
3. Skinny Cow Heavenly Crisps. Even Mariah Carey likes these! Read our post HERE.
4. Sugar-Free French Vanilla Coffeemate. Great in coffee or diet hot chocolate. Read our post HERE.
5. Extra Dessert Delights Apple Pie Gum. If pie isn’t an option, this is a chewy alternative! Read our post HERE.
6. Arctic Zero “ice cream”. Not ice cream, not really anything. Read our post HERE.
7. Garden Lite Soufflé. OMG. Yes. Read our post HERE.
8. Spicy Hot V8. Like a virgin Bloody Mary. Read our post HERE.
9. Bobbi’s Hummus and Bean Dip. Great as a dip or condiment. Read our post HERE.
10. Imagine Organic Creamy Broccoli Soup. 60 calories of warm amazingness. Read our post HERE.
I like anything exclusive. Tell me that there are only 100 available of a certain shoe or necklace and I race out to buy it. It’s not surprising that as a child I owned the Samantha Parkington American Girl Doll. The Samantha doll has since been discontinued, suggesting that even at 5 age I had enough sense to know that Samantha was something special. And tonight I have plans to go to a place that has the words “secret club” in its name. I’m not sure if it’s a bar or a restaurant or some sort of underground brothel and I don’t really care…I was convinced at “secret.”
Given my penchant for exclusivity, it’s not surprising that I begin feeling particularly merry at my first sight of the Starbucks holiday cups. Though I’m not a regular Starbucks goer, the moment I see people holding the red holiday cups I race to my nearest Starbucks so that I too can be spotted on the streets of NYC with a limited edition cup. Starbucks also has a line of holiday-inspired drinks: peppermint mocha, gingerbread latte, even a SKINNY peppermint mocha. But a mocha is a mocha, and even in skinny form it’s not skinny enough for SkinnyOffice. Luckily, Starbucks has an option that’s SkinnyOffice-friendly: Joy tea. Joy tea has zero calories and is only available during the winter months, making this the ultimate Skinny Snack. Although it was in the 60’s in New York yesterday, Joy tea is also perfect to drink in the office in the cold weather, especially when your co-workers refuse to turn on the heat (ok, I’m always the one who refuses to turn on the heat…#sorryimnotsorry).
Joy tea tastes like the holidays– like as if the Rockettes were doing the kick-line in your mouth (in a good way). At least I think it does. Every time I drink it I’m so overwhelmed by the jolly holiday cup and by the fact that it actually is the holiday season that everything seems to taste like sugar and spice and everything nice.
I better go stock up on Joy tea while it’s available. I lost my Samantha doll a few years ago and I still rue the day I didn’t purchase a backup.